In the interests of fulfilling our mission and actuating the amazing potential of each child, the following School-Parent-Student compact has been developed. Teaming together, we will support our students to become the best that they can be.
1. To provide a safe, nurturing, drug-free learning environment, with classroom communities well-furnished with Montessori materials.
2. To provide a teaching staff educated in Montessori philosophy and methodology, appropriate to the age level they are teaching, with the commitment and ability to implement its core principles and to model peaceful, proactive behavior.
3. To partner with parents, understanding they are their child’s first and most important teachers. To do this as effectively as possible, school staff will:
Appreciate the uniqueness of each child and family
Respect the cultural and personal differences of all community members
Facilitate ongoing communication with the home
Solicit solutions with parents and students to the greatest extent possible
Solicit needed and appropriate parent involvement in school and classroom activities
Provide continuing parent and staff development opportunities
4. To strive always for more effective implementation of Montessori philosophy, incorporating peer problem solving, peace and character education, and strong academic goals.
1. To attend school regularly and be on time
2. To come to school prepared with homework and necessary personal supplies
3. To come to school well-rested, having eaten a nutritious breakfast, and ready to focus on learning
4. To accept responsibility for my own actions
5. To respect cultural and personal differences of others
6. To respect and care for myself, other living things, the environment, the earth
7. To resolve problems in peaceful ways
8. To be independent, helpful and self-disciplined in my learning and behavior
1. To assure my child attends school regularly, and arrives at school calm and ready to learn by:
Having had an adequate night’s sleep and eaten a nourishing breakfast
Having had no morning TV or other screen time (e.g., computer)
Arriving with their own nutritious lunch and snack (as appropriate)
Bringing all required and completed homework
Wearing appropriate clothing, according to MPS’ Dress Code/Uniform Policy
Being ready to enter the classroom by 8:15
Having necessary personal supplies
2. To follow the policies set forth in the Parent Handbook and to support staff recommendations
3. To learn about my child’s education by attending parent education events, parent-teacher conferences and community functions, and by reading about Montessori education and asking questions
4. To support my child’s learning by communicating regularly with school staff, by spending quality time daily with my child, by supporting my child to complete all homework assignments
5. To work pro-actively with the staff, and/or with my child, when there are problems; to question rather than criticize; to refrain from gossip; to model respect for all; to help my child resolve conflicts in a peaceful way
6. Volunteering at least 4 hours each semester to enhance your knowledge of the Montessori environment.
I truly believe that when parents and schools work together in the education of our children then ALL will benefit in the growth and development of each child and children will fall in love with learning and become lifelong learners.
Montessori Preparatory School is committed to the development of the whole child by
implementing curriculum and methodology based on the Montessori philosophy of
education and human development.